Monday, January 23, 2017

The Best Of Us Here

I cannot unhear
I cannot unsee
I cannot unfeel
I cannot un-anything.
 
You see
It's not in me 
To ignore 
Their pleas, their cries, their sighs.
 
You see
It's not in me
To ignore
Their hopes, their dreams, their cries.
 
And we see
It's not in us
To ignore
Their hopes, their dreams, their sighs.

And we see
It's not in us
To ignore
Their hopes, their dreams, their cries.
 
So, with all of my being
And with all of our being
 
We will hear
We will see
We will feel
We will everything good.
 
The best of you
The best of me
The best of them 
The best of all of us here.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this poem! I am haunted by the things that I cannot unsee. I also need the reminder to see the best in people especially when I feel like I am being attacked.

    ReplyDelete