Monday, January 1, 2018

Amen. God Waits for Our Reply

Dear Lord:

What brings me joy
The phrase pops in my head
Images flow to and fro
They remove my weariness and dread.

Those older boys
They range from here to there
They are so much bigger
And the similarities we share.

Those little ones
So young and filled with play
My heart leaps when I see them
They brighten up my day.

My wife so thoughtful
So loving and so kind
How did we ever hook up
My words she makes to rhyme.

Conversations here and there
About things that ultimately matter
Amidst the dross and fog
They cut through the noisy chatter.

A good cup of coffee
To start each and every day
Brewed already when I arise
Come world what may.

The Book someones wrote
Its origins from above
It tells the endless story
Of God’s relentless love.

This season of the year
It comes every time
This one somehow seems different
The meaning is somehow sublime.

That new kid in town
One of my favorite songs
How will He change the world
Into something for which we long.

Justice when we see it
Fairness and equity is the story
The Christ child will prompt it all
That is part of His glory.

The prophets told about Him
The stories to us are told
Not just any child He is
He is one we hear foretold.

When noise comes from DC
The hatred and all its noise
We know politics is the author
The evil one prompts too many ploys.

Where for hope do we go
Or are we left alone
Across this space and place
With anxiety must we roam.

Level out the paths
Remove injustice from the world
Base all upon character
When noise about us swirls.

Yes, some things make my heart sing
My pulse picks up its beat
When good is seen around us
And wickedness sounds its retreat.

Things that bring me joy
My friends and my kin
The baby born in that stable
Will heal my soul within.

Amen. Simplicity in all its glory.

Amen. Sing those songs from on high

Amen. Worship that new born child.

Amen. God waits for our reply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment