Tuesday, January 29, 2019

I Can Run But I Cannot Hide


It’s awfully quiet here, Lord
In this holy homey place
Just you and me or so it seems
This room do you in some way grace?

The cold outside
It freezes right down to the bone
The orphan and immigrant there abide
Are the seeds of faith there sown?

Here in this house our home
It seems we have it all
Food to eat and clothes to wear
How prepared are we for heaven’s roll call?

The world needs you
We all would surely agree
Love the Lord your God, is that possible
Amidst hatred, racism, and all their debris?

Just one life to live
Is this how this thing works
To leave the world a better place
Blot out meanness which violently lurks?

For is it truly in those stories
That we discover that truth is told
The Man from Nazareth speaks His mind
Love my neighbor as myself isn’t that pretty bold?

No comments:

Post a Comment