Friday, February 8, 2019

Pondering Love and to What End


Pondering love
Beginning to end
Where does it start
How does it spin.

How is it learned
What do people do
When love is the rule
And it runs through and through.

What conditions
Are placed in the equation
And what about us
Are part of the divine reclamation.

It comes from God
Or so I am told
Will I still believe this
When I am cranky and old.

Love for a wife
Love for a child
Love for a friend
Ugliness exiled.

Love for a nation
Love for a people
Love for family
Those under the steeple.

Love on display
Toward what end
Is justice just a dream
Upon which we ascend.

Love that is real
Is not about me
I am just the voice
Of all that I see.

Love for the lonely
Love for the oppressed
Love for the hungry
Those who are not very blessed.

Love is a thought
Love is a prayer
Love is a deed
That goes out somewhere.

Love that is learned
Love that is shown
Love that is real
From seeds that are sown.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this post Waymon. Wish you would have included Love for the “Unborn” as well. There seems to be little regard for them in many states right now. I know you have a love for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by to read these thoughts and feelings. I write what I feel prompted by the muse to put on the page.

      Delete